Friday 28 March 1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Helguera and Kate Gosselin.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) by LaBelle.
In UK If by Telly Savalas was in the top 5 hits.
Supervixens, directed by Russ Meyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shang-a-Lang.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destruction Derby or Hi-way.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1975!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1975 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Ivan Helguera: Spanish footballer.
- Kate Gosselin: American TV personality.
- Fabrizio Gollin: Italian race car driver.
- Bengt Dalqvist: Swedish actor dancer and singer.
- Iván Helguera: Spanish footballer.
- Derek Hill: American race car driver
- Richard Kelly: American director producer and screenwriter
- Akshaye Khanna: Indian actor and singer
- Shanna Moakler: American model and actress Miss USA 1995
- Matt Reis: American soccer player and coach
- Alper Yılmaz: Turkish basketball player
- Renzo Massarani: Composer, dies at 77.
- In Eastern Idaho, a magnitude 6.2 earthquake occurs.
- Washington Capitals win first game on road after 37 straight road losses also sets own team record with 17 straight losses.
- A fire in the maternity wing at Kucic Hospital in Rijeka, former Yugoslavia, kills 25 people.
- Süleyman Demirel of AP forms the new government of Turkey (39th government, a four-party coalition, so-called First National Front ())
- In his final game on the sideline, John Wooden coaches UCLA to its 10th national championship in 12 seasons when the Bruins defeat Kentucky 92-85 in the title game at San Diego, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) - LaBelle
- Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- B.T. Express - Express
- Joe Cocker - You Are So Beautiful
- Ringo Starr - No No Song
- Phoebe Snow - Poetry Man
- Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You
- Sugarloaf - Don't Call Us, We'll Call You
- Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?