Saturday 22 March 1975
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jiri Novak and Chris Bayne.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to My Eyes Adored You by Frankie Valli.
In UK If by Telly Savalas was in the top 5 hits.
Escape to Witch Mountain, directed by John Hough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jet Fighter or Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1975!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1975 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Jiri Novak: in Czechoslovakia; tennis star.
- Chris Bayne: safety (Atlanta Falcons).
- Dax Griffin in Atlanta Georgia: USA; actor (Tim Truman - Sunset Beach).
- Anne Dudek: American actress.
- Guillermo Diaz: TV Actor.
- Steinar Raknes: Norwegian bassist
- Jason Fletcher: American sports agent
- Cole Hauser: American actor and producer
- Jiří Novák: Czech-Monacan tennis player
- Dinge-competed wins Eurovisie Song festival
- Dr Jazz closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 5 performances
- Letter for Queen Victoria opens at ANTA Theater NYC for 18 performances
- Walt Disney World Shopping Village opens.
- Teach-In wins Eurovision Song Festival with "Dinge-Dong".
- A fire at the Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant in Decatur, Alabama causes a dangerous reduction in cooling water levels.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You
- Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) - LaBelle
- Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You
- The Doobie Brothers - Black Water
- Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow
- B.T. Express - Express
- Joe Cocker - You Are So Beautiful
- Phoebe Snow - Poetry Man
- Ringo Starr - No No Song
- Sugarloaf - Don't Call Us, We'll Call You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?