Monday 28 March 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maya Le Clark .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Game Sack.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avernum: Escape from the Pit or Tetris: Axis.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 March 2011 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Wenche Foss: Norwegian actress of stage, screen and television, often referred to as the premier diva and queen of Norwegian theatre.
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian protests
- Syria forces open fire on protesters in Daraa, witness says although other reports claim that they were firing shots in the air. (Reuters)
- Syria's VP says Assad will announce important decisions that will 'please the people' in the next two days. (''Haaretz'')
- A Syrian government official says the state of emergency law is to be lifted. (CNN)
- Two Reuters journalists arrested on Saturday in Damascus are released. (Reuters)
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- Opposition forces in the 2011 Libyan civil war attack Muammar Gaddafi's hometown of Sirte with disputed claims that they have captured it. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Lieutenant-General Charles Bouchard of the Canadian Forces Air Command is named to lead enforcement of the Libya no fly zone. (Defense News)
- The President of the United States Barack Obama gives a televised address on progress in the Libyan campaign. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests
- An explosion at a weapons factory taken over by Islamist militants in southern Yemen kills at least 121 people. (''Philippine Star'')
- 2011 Bahraini protests
- Bahrain rejects a mediation offer by Kuwait to resolve the country's political crisis. (Reuters)
- Al Wefaq, the leading Shi'ite opposition party, claims that 250 people have been detained and 47 held in detention since the declaration of martial law. (Reuters)
- 2011 Moroccan protests
- Teachers plan to stage a nationwide strike demanding better benefits. (Reuters)
- 2010-2011 Ivorian crisis:
- Rebel forces loyal to presidential claimant Alassane Ouattara seize the town of Duékoué in western Côte d'Ivoire from government forces. (Xinhua)
- A car bomb attack on a construction company in Afghanistan's Paktika Province kills at least 13 people and injures another fifty. (''The Australian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?