Wednesday 28 March 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Intouchables, directed by Olivier Nakache, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 2012!
Which were the important events of 28 March 2012 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 March
- 2012 Sabha conflict:
- Renewed clashes in Sabha, Libya, raise the death toll to 50. (Reuters)
- Issa Abdel Majid Mansur, the head of the Tubu tribe in Libya, announces the possibility of separatist activities. (Al Arabiya)
- 2012 South Sudan–Sudan border conflict: South Sudan's troops pull out of Sudan's oil-producing Heglig area, easing tensions after two days of clashes between the neighbours threatened to escalate a simmering conflict. (Reuters)
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising: Syrian forces attack the central town of Qalaat al-Madiq as Arab League ministers meet in Baghdad. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI calls for greater openess in Cuba during a speech in Revolution Square, Havana. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The Government of Fiji seizes a controlling interest in subsidiary Air Pacific from the Australian airline Qantas. Qantas remains in control of its equity in the airline. (Channel News Asia)
- The Mega Millions jackpot in the United States hits a record $500 million dollars, a world record in lottery history. (CNN)
- The United States suspends planned food aid to North Korea, after the latter plans to launch a rocket next month. (''Times of India'')
- 2012 Malian coup d'état: Coup leaders in Mali unveil a new constitution. (Al Jazeera)
- Annastacia Palaszczuk becomes the Opposition Leader of the Queensland Australian Labor Party, following the party's landslide defeat in last Saturday's election. (''Brisbane Times'')
- Detained Chinese rights lawyer Gao Zhisheng is allowed a visit from family, for the first time in two years. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 March 2012 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?