Sunday 28 September 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
The Undefeated, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1969 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Mark Everett: American fugitive (d. 2008).
- Eric Lapointe: Canadian singer.
- L Janusz Hooker: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Manuel Benitez: American actor (d. 2008).
- Marcel Dost: Dutch decathlete.
- Ben Greenman: American journalist and author
- Piper Kerman: American memoirist (Orange Is the New Black)
- Éric Lapointe: Canadian singer-songwriter and keyboard player
- Sascha Maassen: German race car driver
- Masafumi Ōura: Japanese volleyball player and coach (d. 2013)
- Nico Vaesen: Belgian footballer
- Minayo Watanabe: Japanese singer (Onyanko Club)
- Karen Fairchild: Country Singer
- Pedro Fernández: World Music Singer
- Minnesota vs. Baltimore, gains 530 yards passing!
- SPD wins West German Parliament elections
- Joe Kapp (Minnesota Vikings) passes for seven touchdowns vs Baltimore Colts (52-14).
- The Social Democrats and the Free Democrats receive a majority of votes in the German parliamentary elections, and decide to form a common government.
- In Sweden, Olof Palme is elected Labour Party leader, replacing Tage Erlander as prime minister on October 14.
- The Beijing Subway begins operation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Oliver - Jean
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Dells - Oh, What A Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?