Sunday 28 September 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angella Issajenko and Med Lucart.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Man of the West, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lawman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1958 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Angella Issajenko: Jamaica -- 4X100m relayer (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Med Lucart: Rock musician (Wall of Voodoo).
- Aldo Baglio: Italian comedian, actor, writer and director, best known for being a member of the comic trio Aldo, Giovanni & Giacomo.
- Aldo Baglia: Italian comedian with a highly successful act, one of the three top comics of his day.
- Darie Boutboul: French crack Jockey, daughter of Marie-Elizabeth Cons-Boutboul, lawyer.
- Lory Del Santo: Italian actress, the mother of Conor Clapton from her affair with his father, Eric Clapton.
- France adopts constitution
- France ratifies a new Constitution of France; the French Fifth Republic is then formed upon the formal adoption of the new constitution on October 4. Guinea rejects the new constitution, voting for independence instead.
- In France, a majority of 79% says yes to the constitution of the Fifth Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- The Everly Brothers - Devoted To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?