Tuesday 23 September 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Barbarian and the Geisha, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1958 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Khaled El Sheikh: Bahraini singer, songwriter and composer.
- Harry De La Roche: American homicide: killed his mother, father and two brothers in 1976.
- Larry Hogan Mize: Augusta, Georgia -- PGA golfer (1987 Masters).
- Danielle Dax: English singer-songwriter and producer (Lemon Kittens).
- Khaled Sheikh: Bahraini singer-songwriter.
- Jacob Nicol: Canadian newspaper publisher and politician (Born 1876).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- The Everly Brothers - Devoted To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 September 1958 and get them!