Tuesday 28 October 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Don Blake and Michael Allgeier.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Mon Oncle, directed by Jacques Tati, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pursuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1958 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Jay Don Blake: St. George, Utah -- PGA golfer (1991 Shearson Lehman Open).
- Michael Allgeier: German professional astrologer and astrological writer.
- Concha Campoy: Spanish journalist (d. 2013).
- Ashok Chavan: Indian businessman and politician 16th Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
- William Reid: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Jesus and Mary Chain).
- Pete Runnels wins Comeback Player of Year (average went from .230 to .322)
- John XXIII, is elected as Pope.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?