Thursday 19 November 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 19 November 1953 ?
- Robert Beltran: Latino-American actor, most recently in "Star Trek: Voyager" as Commander Chakotay.
- Tom Villard: American actor (d. 1994).
- Patrick Carolis: French TV journalist and writer.
- US Supreme Court rules (7-2) baseball is a sport not a business
- US VP Richard Nixon visits Hanoi
- The Laotian Civil War begins between the Kingdom of Laos and the Pathet Lao.
- Puerto Williams is founded in Chile as the southernmost settlement of the world.
- Authorities at the British Natural History Museum announce that the skull of the ''Piltdown Man'', one of the most famous fossil skulls in the world, is a hoax.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 November 1953 and get them!