Saturday 29 August 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Holmes Sterling Morrison and John Heuser.
Across the Pacific, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1942 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Holmes Sterling Morrison: Musician.
- John Heuser: Electron microscopist.
- Patrick Thomas: American financier and CEO of First Financial Management, a consumer finance business and credit-card processing company that is pushing towards a billion in acquistions.
- James Glennon: American cinematographer (Born 1942).
- Gottfried John: German actor (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?