Saturday 29 May 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Bataan, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1943!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1943 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- E Thomas Coleman American politician (Representative-Republican-Missouri: 1976-).
- Robert Edgar: American educator and politician (d. 2013).
- Robert W Edgar: American theologian.
- Bob Edgar: (Rep-D-Pennsylvania, 1975-87).
- Terry Pavey: Editor (TV Times).
- Jean-Louis Bruguière: French investigating magistrate in charge of counter-terrorism affairs. He was appointed in 2004 vice-president of the Paris Court of Serious Claims (Tribunal de Grande Instance). He has garnered controversy for various acts, including the indictment of Rwandan president Paul Kagame for the assassination in 1994 of Juvenal Habyarimana.
- Hermann Hans Wetzler: Composer, dies at 72.
- Confederacy of Algiers (Churchill-Marshall-Eisenhower)
- Meat and cheese rationed in US.
- Norman Rockwell's illustration of ''Rosie the Riveter'' first appears on the cover of the ''Saturday Evening Post''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?