Wednesday 12 May 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Linda Dano in Los Angeles and David Walker.
The Ox-Bow Incident, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1943!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1943 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Linda Dano in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Felicia Gallant - Another World).
- David Walker: rock keyboardist (Gary Lewis and Playboys - "Diamond Ring").
- Billy Swan in Cape Giradeau: Louisiana, USA; rocker ("I Can Help").
- Antoine Labeyrie: French astronomer and since 1991 has held the "Observational astrophysics" chair at the Collège de France.
- Roderick Watson: Scottish poet, born in Aberdeen.
- Albert Stoessel: Composer, dies at 48.
- Axis forces in North Africa surrender
- British Premier Winston Churchill arrives in US
- German troops in Tunisia North Africa surrender
- The Trident Conference begins in Washington, D.C., with Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill taking part.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?