Wednesday 29 September 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergei F Bondarchuk and Vaclav Neummann.
The Woman Untamed, directed by Jack Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1920 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sergei F Bondarchuk: Director / actor (Boris Godunov, Step, Otello).
- Vaclav Neummann: Conductor.
- Peter D Mitchell: English chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1992).
- Miguel Castro Ruiz: Mexican Lawyer, editor, journalist and writer.
- John Pfeiffer: American classical recording producer, a design engineer, and an occasional electronic music composer.
- William Renner: Middletown EXecutives
- Jacques Arlet: Nancy physician
- Peter Mitchell: English biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1992)
- Václav Neumann: Czech violinist and conductor (Smetana Quartet) (d. 1995)
- Joseph Horne Company in Pittsburgh sells radios for $10
- Babe Ruth sets then home run season record at 54.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cuban Moon - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Wond'ring - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- The Love Nest - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?