Thursday 6 May 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ox-Bow Incident, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1943 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- James Kallstrom: American FBI agent and Chief of the New York division.
- Grange Calveley: English animator and screenwriter.
- Milton Cooper: American theorist and author (d. 2001).
- Wolfgang Reinhardt: German pole vaulter (d. 2011).
- James Turrell: American sculptor and illustrator.
- Andreas Baader: German militant anarchist and political activist. He headed the Baader-Meinhof gang for bank robberies and bombings, killing and maiming innocent people.
- Bill Cooper: American former Naval Intelligence officer who became deeply involved in the UFO culture. Cooper burst upon the UFO scene in 1988, and has been a controversial and infamous figure ever since. He gives public lectures, is heard on the radio, sends out newsletters and, in 1991 came out with a book, "Behold a Pale Horse." Confrontational and contradictory, Cooper skims past detractors who point out factual errors in his stories. He had been accused of being an alcoholic, a liar and a fascist or eve
- British 1st Army opens assault on Tunis, Tunisia.
- WWII: Six U-boats are sunk after sinking 12 ships from Convoy ONS 5 in the last major North Atlantic U-boat quotwolfpackquot attack of the war.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?