Thursday 6 May 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Ox-Bow Incident, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1943 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Andreas Baader: German militant anarchist and political activist.
- Bill Cooper: American former Naval Intelligence officer who became deeply involved in the UFO culture.
- James Kallstrom: American FBI agent and Chief of the New York division.
- Grange Calveley: English animator and screenwriter.
- Milton Cooper: American theorist and author (d. 2001).
- British 1st Army opens assault on Tunis, Tunisia.
- WWII: Six U-boats are sunk after sinking 12 ships from Convoy ONS 5 in the last major North Atlantic U-boat quotwolfpackquot attack of the war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?