Saturday 29 November 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Romola, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1924 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Jane Freilicher: American painter and poet (d. 2014).
- Charles Mower: American sergeant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1944).
- Giacomo Puccini: Italian opera composer of bold and dramatic harmonies, creator of the famous "Madame Butterfly" which he composed in 1904.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Where the Dreamy Wabash Flows - Irving Kaufman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 November 1924 and get them!