Thursday 20 November 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benoît Mandelbrot and Benoit Mandelbrot.
Isn't Life Wonderful, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1924 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Benoît Mandelbrot: Polish-born, French and American mathematician, noted for developing a "theory of roughness" and "self-similarity" in nature and the field of fractal geometry to help prove it, which included coining the word "fractal".
- Benoit Mandelbrot: Polish-American mathematician and economist (d. 2010).
- Henk Vredeling: Dutch agronomist and politician Dutch Minister of Defence (d. 2007).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Charley, My Boy - Eddie Cantor
- Deep in My Heart - Franklyn Baur
- I Wonder What's Become of Sally? - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?