Saturday 1 November 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Last Man on Earth, directed by J.G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1924 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Robert N Rapoport: Social anthropologist.
- Jean-Luc Pepin: French Canadian politician (d. 1995).
- Suleyman Demirel: Turkish politician.
- Süleyman Demirel: Turkish engineer and politician 9th President of Turkey (d. 2015).
- Jean-Luc Pépin: Canadian academic and politician 19th Canadian Minister of Labour (d. 1995).
- Colette Renard: French actress and singer, closely associated with the titular character from the musical Irma La Douce, a role she played for over a decade.
- Richard Smith: American executive and CEO of General Cinema, a movie theater investment corporation. A college graduate with a BS degree; Smith is noted for his privacy, shunning publicity whenever possible.
- Roger Bourgeon: Meudon Journalist
- Bill Tilghman: American gunslinger and peace officer (Born 1854).
- 1st US NHL franchise, Boston Bruins founded
- Forest Peters of Montana State University hits 17 of 22 attempted field goals.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Somebody Loves Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Follow the Swallow - Al Jolson
- Maytime - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 November 1924 and get them!