Saturday 1 November 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert N Rapoport and Jean-Luc Pepin.
The Last Man on Earth, directed by J.G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1924 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Robert N Rapoport: Social anthropologist.
- Jean-Luc Pepin: French Canadian politician (d. 1995).
- Suleyman Demirel: Turkish politician.
- Colette Renard: French actress and singer, closely associated with the titular character from the musical Irma La Douce, a role she played for over a decade.
- Richard Smith: American executive and CEO of General Cinema, a movie theater investment corporation.
- Roger Bourgeon: Meudon Journalist
- Süleyman Demirel: Turkish engineer and politician 9th President of Turkey (d. 2015)
- Jean-Luc Pépin: Canadian academic and politician 19th Canadian Minister of Labour (d. 1995)
- Bill Tilghman: American gunslinger and peace officer (Born 1854).
- 1st US NHL franchise, Boston Bruins founded
- Forest Peters of Montana State University hits 17 of 22 attempted field goals.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Somebody Loves Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Follow the Swallow - Al Jolson
- Maytime - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?