Saturday 8 November 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
He Who Gets Slapped, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1924 ?
- Leonard Nathan: American poet, critic, and professor emeritus of rhetoric at the University of California, Berkeley where he retired in 1991.
- Joe Flynn in Youngstown: Ohio, USA; actor (McHale's Navy).
- Raymond Famechon: French boxer in a family of three brothers who were all pro boxers.
- Johnny Bower: Canadian ice hockey player and soldier.
- Robert Hogg: American statistician and academic (d. 2014).
- Victorinus Kong-hi: South Korean archbishop
- Yves Leroux-Dupeyron: Montpellier EXecutives
- Joe Flynn: American actor, comedian and vaudevillian who made the transition into movie and TV. His portrayals throughout his career stayed mainly within comedy roles, working for Disney in their films and the long-running TV series, "McHale's Navy."
- Austria chancellor Ignaz Seipel, resigns after assassination attempt
- Fortune Theatre opens in London
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- John Henry Blues - Fiddlin' John Carson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 November 1924 and get them!