Wednesday 29 October 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zbigniew Herbert and Danielle Mitterrand.
The Last Man on Earth, directed by J.G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1924 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Zbigniew Herbert: Writer.
- Danielle Mitterrand: French First Lady, the wife of President François Mitterrand, and president of the foundation France Libertés Fondation Danielle Mitterrand.
- Fernando Volio Jimenez: Costa Rican politician.
- Dixie to Broadway, opens at Broadhurst Theater
- Labour loses British parliamentary election
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- June Night - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- It Had to Be You - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?