Sunday 16 November 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Isn't Life Wonderful, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1924 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Joep J P de Boer: Dutch MP (CDA).
- William Bennett: American business partner and operations administrator, CEO of K Mart.
- Melvin Patton: Los Angeles sports Champions.
- Sam Farber: American businessman co-founded OXO (d. 2013).
- Mel Patton: American runner, Olympic track and field gold medal champion.
- Edward Everett Rice: Composer, dies at 75.
- Cleveland Bulldogs lose to Frankford Yellowjackets, ends 31-game undefeated streak (NFL and major-league football record).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Charley, My Boy - Eddie Cantor
- Deep in My Heart - Franklyn Baur
- I Wonder What's Become of Sally? - Ted Lewis & His Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?