Friday 30 December 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Circus, directed by Charlie Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1927 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Bernard Barrow in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Ryan's Hope, Louie Slavinsky - Loving).
- M Lawrence: Antouin; college president (Emeritis).
- Bernard Barrow: American actor and educator (d. 1993).
- Robert Hossein: French film actor, director, and writer of Azerbaijani and Jewish origin.
- Japan dedicates first subway in the Orient (route under two miles long).
- The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
- The first Japanese commuter metro line, the Ginza Line in Tokyo, opens.
- The ''British Broadcasting Corporation'' is granted a Royal Charter of Incorporation.
- Harold Stephen Black invents the feedback amplifier.
- The Voluntary Committee of Lawyers is founded to bring about the repeal of prohibition of alcohol in United States.
- World population reaches two billion.
- In Britain, 1,000 people a week die from an influenza epidemic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dancing Tambourine - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi - Gene Austin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?