Wednesday 28 December 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
West Point, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1927 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Jean Audibert: French diplomat, ambassador to Austria, 1983-1985; Belgium, 1986; Algeria, 1988-1992.
- Martin Milner in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Route 66, Adam 12, Life of Riley).
- Anne Legendre: Armstrong; ambassador (to United Kingdom).
- Esther Sandoval: actress and a pioneer in Puerto Rico's television.
- Simon Raven: English playwright / critic (Alms for Oblivion).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dancing Tambourine - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi - Gene Austin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?