Saturday 17 December 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Chicago, directed by Frank Urson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1927 ?
- Richard Long in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Professor - Nanny and the Professor).
- Emory Bellard: American college football coach considered to have had one of the most innovative offensive minds in football and is credited for inventing the wishbone formation.
- Elizabeth Mavor: Scottish novelist and biographer, whose subjects were unusual or adventurous females.
- Georges Jaeger: Obernai physician.
- Ivar Ivask: Estonian poet and scholar (d. 1992).
- Richard Long: American actor and director (d. 1974)
- Edward Meneeley: American painter and sculptor (d. 2012)
- Rajendra Lahiri: Indian British anti-occupation activist (Born 1892).
- Victoria scores 793 in cricket against Queensland, Bill Ponsford scores 437.
- US submarine S-4 sinks after collision, kills all 34 aboard.
- The ''U.S. submarine S-4'' is accidentally rammed and sunk by the United States Coast Guard cutter ''John Paulding'' off Provincetown, Massachusetts, killing everyone aboard despite several unsuccessful attempts to raise the submarine.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?