Thursday 31 May 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Ocean's Thirteen, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The 6th Target by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 31 May 2007 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 May
- The National Assembly of Niger passes a motion of no-confidence in the Government of Prime Minister of Niger Hama Amadou. (BBC)
- Japan fails to win in its bid to lift a commercial moratorium on whaling at the International Whaling Commission. (News Limited)
- South Thailand insurgency: At least 10 soldiers have been killed in a bomb attack by suspected militants in southern Thailand, officials say. (BBC)
- Alleged Internet spammer Robert Soloway is arrested after being indicted on charges of identity theft, money laundering, and mail, wire, and e-mail fraud. (Times of India)
- Qatar Airways orders 80 Airbus A350 planes. (icLiverpool)
- A suicide bomber explodes in a police recruitment centre in Falluja, Iraq killing at least 20 people. (BBC)
- Nepal's ruling coalition government announces that elections to a special assembly to write a new constitution will be held in November. (BBC)
- Approximately 100 pro-Taliban insurgents attack the home of a government official in northwest Pakistan, killing 13 people. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The Malaysian Federal Court rejects the appeal of Christian convert Lina Joy to have the word ampquotIslamampquot removed from her identity card. (Bernama)
- In an unannounced vote, the Philadelphia City Council voted to evict the Cradle of Liberty Council Boy Scouts from the building they have occupied since 1928. (Philadelphia Inquirer)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?