Monday 1 March 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Booker Huffman and Les Miller.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to My Girl by The Temptations.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Train, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dim Dam Dom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1965 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Booker Huffman: American professional wrestler.
- Les Miller: defensive end (Carolina Panthers).
- Mary Lou Lord: American singer/songwriter.
- Booker T: Wrestler.
- Stewart Elliott: Canadian jockey.
- Mary Lord: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Helium)
- Boleslav Vomacka: Composer, dies at 77.
- WPSX TV channel 3 in Clearfield, PA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Gas explosion kills 28 in apartment complex (La Salle, QuTbec, Canada).
- Australia suspends champion swimmer Dawn Fraser for 10 years for misconduct.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 March 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Zombies - Tell Her No
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Petula Clark - Downtown
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?