Thursday August 1, 1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sara Giraudeau and Adam Jones.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shout by Tears For Fears.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Year of the Dragon, directed by Michael Cimino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Jubal Sackett by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Buster or Nine Princes in Amber.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1985 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Sara Giraudeau
- Adam Jones: Baseball Player.
- Stuart Holden: Scottish-American soccer player.
- Hyun Jyu-ni: South Korean singer and actress.
- Cole Kimball: American baseball player.
- Adam Jones (baseball): American baseball player.
- Tendai Mtawarira: South African rugby player.
- Kris Stadsgaard: Danish footballer.
- Dušan Švento: Slovak footballer.
- Gegard Mousasi: Iranian-Dutch mixed martial artist and kick-boxer.
- Joseph Walker: cameraman, dies at age 92.
- 15.4 cm rainfall at Cheyenne, Wyoming (state record)
- Emmy 12th Daytime Award presentation - Susan Lucci loses for 6th time
- Vince Coleman steals 2 bases in 1st inning, for NL rookie record 74
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1985?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
- DeBarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Luther Vandross - It's Over Now
- I Wonder If I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force
- Rick James - Glow
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Patti LaBelle - Stir It Up
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?