Monday 1 July 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 1, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Léa Seydoux and K. Flay.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Sussudio by Phil Collins.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Silverado, directed by Lawrence Kasdan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Soong Dynasty by Sterling Seagrave was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cross Country USA or Dragonfire II: The Dungeonmaster's Assistant.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1985 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Léa Seydoux: French actress, granddaugther of Jerôme Seydoux, prominent French businessman and chairman of Pathé.
- Michael Phelps: Athlete.
- K. Flay: Musician.
- Lea Seydoux: Movie Actress.
- Chris Perez: American baseball player.
- The Convention on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons enters into force.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Jesse Johnson's Revue - Can You Help Me
- Marvin Gaye - Sanctified Lady
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Too Many Games
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- I Wonder If I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?