Friday 1 August 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elijah Kelley and Elena Vesnina.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II) by Peter Cetera.
In UK Papa Don't Preach by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Eighth Commandment by Lawrence Sanders was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gauntlet II or Heartland.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1986 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Elijah Kelley: Movie Actor.
- Elena Vesnina: Russian tennis player.
- Mike Wallace: Football Player.
- Damien Allen: English footballer.
- Jonas Plass: German sprinter.
- Lucas Simon: Argentine footballer.
- Lucas Simón: Argentinian footballer.
- Anton Strålman: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Andrew Taylor: English footballer.
- Jörn Schlönvoigt: German actor and singer.
- Anton Stralman: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Willem Klein: Variety artist, dies at about 73.
- Bert Blyleven becomes 10th pitcher to strike out 3,000
- Cleveland sets AL attendance record for twi-night doubleheader, 65,934
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
- Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Genesis - Invisible Touch
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Rod Stewart - Love Touch
- Janet Jackson - Nasty
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jean Carne - Closer Than Close
- - Rumors
- Jeffrey Osborne - You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)
- Shirley Jones - Do You Get Enough Love
- Anita Baker - Sweet Love
- Rick James - Sweet And Sexy Thing
- Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason
- Skyy - Givin' It (To You)
- Burnin' Love - ConFunkShun
- Love The One I'm With (A Lotta Love) - Melba Moore & Kashif
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?