Tuesday 6 August 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mickael Delage and Bafetimbi Gomis.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shout by Tears For Fears.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Real Genius, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beyond 2000.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blackwyche or Blade Runner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1985 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Mickael Delage: French cyclist.
- Bafetimbi Gomis: French footballer.
- Bafétimbi Gomis: French football/soccer player who plays as a striker for Premier League club Swansea City.
- Viktoria Baškite: Estonian chess player.
- Mickaël Delage: French cyclist.
- Garrett Weber-Gale: American swimmer
- Forbes Burnham: Guyanese visionary, 3rd President and 1st Prime Minister of Guyana (Born 1923).
- 19th space shuttle mission (51-F), Challenger 8, lands at Edwards AFB
- Major League Baseball Players Association go on strike
- STS 51-I vehicle moves to launch pad
- In Hiroshima, tens of thousands mark the 40th anniversary of the atomic bombing of the city.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- DeBarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?