Thursday 1 February 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Augustyniak and Rachelle LeFevre.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Train Robbery, directed by Michael Crichton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching You Can't Do That on Television.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventure or Bowling.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1979 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Julie Augustyniak: American soccer player.
- Rachelle LeFevre: Canadian actress.
- Valentin Elizalde: Mexican Singer (d. 2006).
- Juan Silveira dos Santos: Brazilian footballer.
- Julie Roberts: Country Singer.
- Rachelle Lefevre: Movie Actress
- Valentín Elizalde: Mexican singer-songwriter (d. 2006)
- Juan Santos: Brazilian footballer
- Mort Marshall: Actor (Cully-Dumplings), dies at 60.
- Patricia Hearst is released from a San Francisco prison for bank robbery.
- The Ayatollah Khomeini is welcomed back to Tehran, Iran after nearly 15 years of exile.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?