Sunday February 11, 1979
US date format: 2/11/1979, UK date format: 11/2/1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 11, 1979). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Brandy Norwood and Maya Lauqué.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
In UK Heart Of Glass by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Faeries by Brian Froud and Alan Lee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching You Can't Do That on Television.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beam Invader or Tail Gunner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 11, 1979?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- See more
- 43 million watch Elvis! on ABC
- Emmy News and Documentaries Award presentation
- Islamic revolution of Iran establishes an Islamic theocracy under the leadership of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
- Khomeini seizes power in Iran, overthrowing Mohammad Rezā Shāh Pahlavi.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 11, 1979?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Parliament - Aqua Boogie (A Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop)
- Peabo Bryson - I'm So Into You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - September
- Lakeside - It's All The Way Live
- Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - Bustin' Loose
- Peaches & Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing
- Hot Chocolate - Every 1's A Winner
- Tavares - Never Had A Love Like This Before
- Barkays - Holy Ghost
- Third World - Now That We Found Love
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next February 11If February 11, 1979 is your birthday you're 41 years, 7 months, 8 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 23 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?