Friday February 01, 2019
US date format: 2/1/2019, UK date format: 1/2/2019
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Kung Fu Masters 3, directed by Chi Tian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild by Dav Pilkey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lessons in Love.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 2019?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- Dissident Irish Republican campaign: Two people were shot and injured in two individual attacks in Londonderry.(BBC)Ammunition and a mortar tube was found at the Irish border in County Louth. (BBC)
- Two people were shot and injured in two individual attacks in Londonderry.(BBC)
- Ammunition and a mortar tube was found at the Irish border in County Louth. (BBC)
- The Associated Press and Snopes say they are no longer providing fact-checking services for Facebook. (BBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- After Burst of Holiday Spending, a Plan for a ‘Frugal February’ Cutting back on nonessential spending for a month can help people pay down credit card balances or put money in savings. At least it’s a short month. [..]
- Amazon’s Sales Growth Slows, Even as Cloud Business Stays Hot The company is compensating for slowing growth in e-commerce by expanding its fast-moving, highly profitable cloud and advertising businesses. [..]
- See all financial news of February 01, 2019