Saturday 1 June 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Centers and Karen Mulder.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Prisoner.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1968 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Larry Centers: NFL running back (Arizona Cardinals).
- Karen Mulder: Dutch model.
- Samuel Barathay: French athlete, the winner of an Atlantic Olympics Bronze Medal for rowing in coxless pairs with Michel Andrieux on 7/27/1996.
- Jason Donovan: Australian actor, musician and noted family, the son of Terence and Sue Donovan.
- Christopher Jones: American plane fatality, he died on Pan Am flight 103 which exploded over Scotland on 12/21/1988.
- Mark Gonzales: American skateboarder
- Jeff Hackett: London, England -- NHL goalie (Chicago Blackhawks)
- Susan Jones: Welsh politician
- Yui Natsukawa: Japanese actress
- Mathias Rust: German pilot
- 100th Belmont: Gus Gustines aboard Stage Door Johnny wins in 2:27.2
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?