Sunday 1 June 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nambaryn Enkhbayar and Barry Adamson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Mountain Road by Theodore H. White was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 June 1958 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Nambaryn Enkhbayar: Mongolian lawyer and politician 3rd President of Mongolia.
- Barry Adamson
- Cathy Hearn: Washington, DC -- Slalom kayak (1996 Olympics - 7th Place).
- Ahron Bregman: Israeli-English political scientist and journalist.
- Gennadiy Valyukevich: Belarusian triple jumper.
- Belgian Christian-democrats win parliamentary election
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Gatlinburg Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
- The Four Preps - Big Man
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?