Sunday 22 June 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruse Campbell and Jacques Bonnaffé.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Bravados, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1958 ?
- Bruse Campbell: Actor (Army of Darkness).
- Jacques Bonnaffé: French actor.
- Bruce Campbell: American actor.
- Ruby Turner: Soul Singer.
- Jennifer Boylan: American author and academic.
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Western Golf Open
- Game in Kansas City between Athletics and Boston Red Sox delayed 29 minutes due to tornado.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?