Wednesday 4 June 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Gholson and Eddie Velez.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Vikings, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1958 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Julie Gholson: Birmingham, Alabama -- Actress (Where the Lilies Bloom).
- Eddie Velez: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- M Lichnowsky: Writer, dies at 79.
- French Premier De Gaulle arrives in Algiers
- San Francisco Giants Hank Sauer and B Schmidt are 2nd to hit consecutive pinch HRs
- French President Charles De Gaulle visits Algeria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?