Thursday 1 March 1990
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eva Daeleman and Krystle Dsouza.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Escapade by Janet Jackson.
In UK Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor was in the top 5 hits.
The Hunt for Red October, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Head First by Norman Cousins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Avonlea.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Saber or Assault City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1990!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 March 1990 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
Famous Birthdays:01 March
- Claude Spaak: Belgian dramatist, dies.
- Benin nullifies its constitution.
- In Texas, near-stock ZR-1 and L-98 Corvettes set a dozen land speed records. Average speed for all runs is 170- to 175-MPH.
- Luis Alberto Lacelle sworn in as President of Uruguay.
- Steve Jackson Games is raided by the United States Secret Service, prompting the later formation of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?