Saturday 7 June 1958US date format: 6/7/1958, UK date format: 7/6/1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 7, 1958). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Prince (musician) and Elvire Murail.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Vikings, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Life Plus 99 Years by Nathan F. Leopold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Haggis Baggis.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 June 1958
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1958 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Prince (musician)
- Elvire Murail
- Jonas Hellborg
- Prince: American musician.
- Eddie MacKenzie: American criminal, a con-man, convicted...
- Christopher Marcantel in Smithtown: New York, USA; actor (Chip - Nurse,...
- Tracey Adams: American porn actress and director.
- Surakiart Sathirathai: Thai Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand.
- : American singer, composer and all-around...
- Francesca Thyssen: lugano, Switzerland -- Baroness.
- Phillipe Boccara: Le Mans, France -- US sprint kayak (1996...
- 90th Belmont: Pete Anderson aboard Cavan wins in 2:30.2
- Battles between Turkish and Greeks Cypriots break out
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- Vic Damone - On The Street Where You Live
- Elias & His Zig-Zag Jive Flutes - Tom Hark
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette
- Tulips From Amsterdam / You Need Hands - Max Bygraves
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?