Tuesday 1 March 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lupita Nyong'o and Rio de Janeiro.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Too Shy by Kajagoogoo was in the top 5 hits.
The Beyond, directed by Lucio Fulci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Crossings by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Machine Gunners.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alchemist or Discs of Tron.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1983!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 March 1983 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Rio de Janeiro
- Lupita Nyong'o: Movie Actress.
- Elan Sara DeFan: Mexican singer-songwriter.
- Chris Hackett: English footballer.
- Blake Hawksworth: Canadian baseball player.
- Elán : Mexican singer-songwriter.
- Daniel Carvalho: Brazilian footballer.
- Davey Richards: American wrestler.
- Mary Kom: World champion Indian Boxer.
- Tamara McKinney becomes first US woman skier to win the World Cup.
- Tornado tears through Louisiana, USA, injuring 33 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Bob Seger - Shame On The Moon
- Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Patti Austin - Baby, Come To Me
- Eddie Rabbitt - You And I
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
- Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?