Monday 1 March 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Min-hee and Leryn Franco.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Centerfold by The J. Geils Band.
In UK The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tight Fit was in the top 5 hits.
Diner, directed by Barry Levinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Jane Fonda'S Workout Book by Jane Fonda was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Police Squad!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Escape or RealSports Volleyball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 March 1982 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Kim Min-hee: South Korean actress and model.
- Leryn Franco
- Eddie Huang
- Shalva Didebashvili: Georgian-born German rugby player.
- Juan Ortiz: Spanish footballer.
- Frank Sargeson: New Zealand writer (Born 1903).
- 5th Emmy Sports Award presentation
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- Journey - Open Arms
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- The Cars - Shake It Up
- Stevie Wonder - That Girl
- Air Supply - Sweet Dreams
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Diana Ross - Mirror, Mirror
- Dan Fogelberg - Leader Of The Band
- Little River Band - Take It Easy On Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?