Saturday 19 March 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Sydal and Joseph Hopper.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Boys, directed by Rick Rosenthal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dear Ladies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atom or Mangia.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1983!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1983 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Matt Sydal: American professional wrestler.
- Joseph Hopper: American homicide victim, felled in a drive-by shooting on July 2, 2003 at approximately 8:30 AM in Inglewood, CA.
- Evan Bourne: Wrestler.
- Ana Rezende: Brazilian film director and musician (CSS).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 March 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Bob Seger - Shame On The Moon
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
- Lionel Richie - You Are
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?