Sunday 6 March 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giulia Quintavalle and Tommaso Berni.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler was in the top 5 hits.
The Beyond, directed by Lucio Fulci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Natural World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing G.I. Joe: Cobra Strike or Crackpots.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1983!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1983 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Giulia Quintavalle: Italian Olympic athlete, she won a gold medal for judo on August 11, 2008 in Beijing, China.
- Tommaso Berni: Italian footballer.
- Andranik Teymourian: Iranian soccer player.
- Thelma Pelish: Actress (Pajama Game), dies at 55.
- On Your Toes opens at Virginia Theater NYC for 505 performances
- New Bedford, Mass woman charges she was gang-raped atop a pool table
- US Football League begins its first season.
- Anne-Marie Palli wins LPGA Samaritan Turquoise Golf Classic.
- The first United States Football League game is played.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Bob Seger - Shame On The Moon
- Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Patti Austin - Baby, Come To Me
- Eddie Rabbitt - You And I
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- The Pretenders - Back On The Chain Gang
- Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?