Saturday 1 March 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to All I Have by Jennifer Lopez.
In UK All The Things She Said by Tatu was in the top 5 hits.
Anger Management, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Prey by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gerhard Reinke's Wanderlust.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Curse: The Eye of Isis or Dinotopia: The Sunstone Odyssey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 2003!
Which were the important events of 1 March 2003 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 March
- The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, the United States Customs Service, and the United States Secret Service move to the United States Department of Homeland Security.
- The Turkish parliament votes against U.S. troop access to airbases in Turkey in order to attack Iraq from the north. The Bush administration starts working on Plan B, namely attacking Iraq from the south, through the Persian Gulf.
- The International Criminal Court holds its inaugural session in The Hague.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 March 2003
Serie AItalian Football
- Brescia - Bologna : 0 - 0
- Parma - Modena : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Mouscron : 2 - 0
- Germinal - Westerlo : 1 - 1
- Lierse - Gent : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Hannover : 1 - 2
- Cottbus - Bayern Munich : 0 - 2
- Dortmund - Hansa Rostock : 2 - 0
- Leverkusen - Werder Bremen : 3 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alaves - Real Madrid : 1 - 5
- Ath Bilbao - Recreativo : 2 - 3
- Espanol - Mallorca : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?