Monday 17 March 2003, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Beautiful by Christina Aguilera was in the top 5 hits.
Phone Booth, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Someone To Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Swag.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Decisive Battles of WWII: Korsun Pocket or Deep Sea Tycoon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 2003!
Which were the important events of 17 March 2003 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 March
- Su Buqing: Chinese mathematician and educator (Born 1902).
- U.S. President George W. Bush gives an ultimatum: Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein and his sons must either leave Iraq, or face military action at a time of the U.S.'s choosing.
- Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Robin Cook, resigns from the British Cabinet in disagreement with government plans for the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- France announces that it had deployed 300 soldiers to seize the Bangui, Central African Republic airport.
- Kofi Annan, Secretary General of the United Nations, orders all UN personnel to leave Iraq.
- Peter Goldsmith, Attorney General of the UK set out the legal justification for an invasion of Iraq
- The United States advised UNMOVIC and the International Atomic Energy Agency to withdraw all weapon inspectors out of Iraq
- Accounting scandals: Merrill Lynch, its four former executives and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission agree to settle the Enron security fraud case for . It is one of the five largest penalties imposed on security-related civil cases.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 March 2003
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Mannheim - Freiburg : 0 - 3
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Siena - Ancona : 0 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Varzim - Guimaraes : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?