Tuesday 1 November 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeannie Berlin in Los Angeles and Rainer Hunold.
They Live by Night, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while A Rage to Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Herb Shriner Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1949 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Jeannie Berlin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (The Heartbreak Kid, Portnoy's Complaint).
- Rainer Hunold: German actor and screenwriter.
- Florence Steurer: French alpine skier, she competed in the 1968 and in the 1972 Olympics (where she won a bronze medal in the slalom event).
- Belita Moreno: TV Actress.
- David Foster: Canadian musician and composer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?