Wednesday 2 November 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Akoka and Lois Bujold.
Battleground, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Egyptian by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Herb Shriner Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1949 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Gérard Akoka: French orchestra conductor, who served as artistic advisor and principal conductor of the National Symphony Orchestra of Taiwan, 1986-1990.
- Lois Bujold: American author.
- Jerome F Donovan: American politician (Born 1872).
- Netherland recognizes Indonesia as a sovereign state
- Textile / meat / cheese / rijstdistributie disbands
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?