Monday 7 November 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judy Tenuda and Judy Tenuta.
Battleground, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Herb Shriner Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1949 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Judy Tenuda: comedienne (Spotlight Cafe).
- Judy Tenuta: American comedian.
- Su Pollard: British singer and zany comedienne, first coming to prominence on TVs "Hi-De-Hi," January 1980 to January 1988.
- Stephen Bruton: American guitarist songwriter and producer (d. 2009).
- Steven Stucky: American composer and academic.
- David Ware: American saxophonist composer and bandleader (d. 2012)
- King Faruk disbands Egyptian parliament
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 November 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?