Tuesday 22 November 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cecilia Bracamonte and Paul Hewitt.
Adam's Rib, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Twenty Questions.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1949 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Cecilia Bracamonte: Peruvian singer.
- Paul Hewitt: Canadian astrologer, writer and lecturer who began studying in 1973, and became a full-time professional astrologer in 1978.
- Olivier Metzner: French criminal lawyer, named France's most powerful lawyer by GQ magazine in 2012, also named 'lawyer of gangsters'.
- Richard Carmona: American physician and politician 17th Surgeon General of the United States.
- David Pietrusza: American historian and author.
- Andres Põder: Estonian archbishop
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 November 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - Mule Train
- Mule Train - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?