Tuesday 17 September 1991
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Minako Kotobuki and Scott Hoying.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Adore Mi Amor by Color Me Badd.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
The Fisher King, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Fire In The Belly by Sam Keen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Homefront.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battletoads or Eye of the Beholder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1991!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 September 1991 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Minako Kotobuki: Japanese voice actress and singer (Sphere).
- Scott Hoying: Pop Singer.
- Ryo Ishikawa: Japanese golfer.
- Justyna Jegiołka: Polish tennis player.
- UN admits Estonia, Latvia, Lithuiania, North and South Korea, Marshall Islands and Micronesia
- Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, the Marshall Islands and Micronesia join the United Nations.
- 4,355 turn out to see the Montreal Expos play the New York Mets at Shea Stadium.
- September 17 NYC Crash - Telephone and data service to Kennedy, La Guardia, and Newark airports goes down. A loss of battery power in several of ATT's switching stations is at fault.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Color Me Badd - I Adore Mi Amor
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations
- Boyz II Men - Motownphilly
- Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- C+C Music Factory - Things That Make You Go Hmmmm
- Paula Abdul - The Promise Of A New Day
- Michael Bolton - Time, Love And Tenderness
- Cathy Dennis - Too Many Walls
- Firehouse - Love Of A Lifetime
- Rod Stewart - The Motown Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?