Wednesday 2 August 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellis Amburn and Gino Landi.
Baby Face, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1933 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Ellis Amburn: American book editor and biographer, who has written books about Roy Orbison, Janis Joplin, Warren Beatty, Elizabeth Taylor and Buddy Holly.
- Gino Landi: Italian choreographer and theatre director.
- Ioannis Varvitsiotis: Greek politician Greek Minister of Defence.
- Opening of the Stalin White Sea ampndash Baltic Sea Canal, a 227 km navigable waterway constructed using forced labour in the Soviet Union connecting the White Sea with Lake Onega and the Baltic.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?